Thursday, September 1, 2011

Brazilian Embroidery

Voila, I am writing after ages...its nearly 2 years since I last posted on this blog. I login everyday to follow my fav blogs but never make an effort to write.
My reason to write today is to show off the brazilian embroidery piece that I did. Last year I had learnt BE from Deepa Balagopal and got the kit from Edmar through her.
With the busy Banagalore life, I do not find that much time to do embroidery. There are so many projects that I have started and have never been able to complete them...they have remained WIP for years now. Considering that, I managed to complete this kit in 6 months which is a record for me :-). Of course I worked for say totally about 10 days in this six months to complete this kit. Here are some closer shots on the flowers.




This one is my fav, I loved the way it came out:













This one with bullion+bullion lazy daisy:















This one in lazy daisy which I think is one of the most beautiful stitches to represent flowers:



And the center flower which I quite liked as well:



Regards,


Abilasha.


No comments:

Post a Comment